Forget Kim Kardashian’s crazy contouring
regime – in the real world, we want to cheat a
plump pout, razor-sharp cheekbones and
big, beautiful eyes in a few smooth make-up
moves. It can be done – read on as beauty
editor Emma Robertson reveals how
1. Apply a foundation with skin-tightening benefits to create a smooth, even canvas.
2. Sweep a matte contouring powder (we like Barry M’s Chisel Cheeks Kit) diagonally down from your hairline, sculpting underneath your cheekbones. For perfect placement, suck in your cheeks and follow the hollows.
3. Blend highlighter along the top of cheekbones to lift your natural bone structure.
4. Tie the look together with cream blush on the apples of your cheeks – peachy tones create a fresh-faced effect on everyone.
TOP TIP: Use light brush strokes instead of one heavy sweep so the effect stays natural.
1. Gently buff lips with a toothbrush – a beauty-insider trick that stimulates circulation and inflates lips from within.
2. Line top and bottom lips along the very edge of the contour with a nude lip pencil to make them look larger than they are.
3. Blend together with a creamy pink or nude lipstick – steer clear of lip-shrinking dark shades and metallic or matte effects.
4. Top with sheer gloss applied to the top and centre of lips for an extra-pouty illusion.
TOP TIP: For a quick lip boost, dab a creamy highlighter along your cupid’s bow to accentuate your curves.Shop now
1. Lift your look without lots of make-up by boosting your brow arch. Fill sparse areas with pencil then apply highlighter under the arch to add height.
2. Use a nude cream eyeshadow to disguise colouration on lids and concealer to cancel out dark under-eye shadows.
3. A wash of pale liner across the bottom waterline creates an optical illusion that makes eyes seem whiter and brighter.
4. Coat lashes with mascara, loading an extra layer on the outer tips to enhance your eye shape.
TOP TIP: Go mascara-free on lower lashes to give your look an unexpected fresh appeal.Shop now
Photographer: Jason Kibbler at Cadence NY / Model: Jenna Earle at Next
Make-up artist: Justine Purdue at Tim Howard Management
Hair stylist: Eloise Cheung / Nail artist: Casey Herman at Kate Ryan