Take a masterclass in the top catwalk trends to try now – fashion’s luxe power lip, eyes that mesmerise and the ponytail’s chic makeover. Beauty editor Emma Robertson shows you how
Chic, youthful and surprisingly easy to pull together – meet Prada’s must-try ponytail with a cool couture twist.
1. Blow-dry hair with a paddle brush to get a bump- and flyaway-free finish.
2. Brush hair upwards and pull into a taut pony in the middle of the head. Secure with a band, then wrap a section of hair around the band to conceal it.
3. Flip the tail over to one side and fix with a hair slide. Mist the lengths with texturiser to create contrast between the polished top and punkish ends.
Add a rebellious touch to your evening look with Fendi’s glamorous yet deliberately imperfect feline eyes. Intensify with layers of mascara for added attitude.
1. Instead of one sweeping stroke, experiment with feathered liquid eyeliner strokes flicked across lids from the inner to outer corners.
2. Trace a pale-coloured liner along the bottom inner rim to create the illusion of brighter, larger eyes.
3. Mascara marks are a new thing of beauty this season. If you’re feeling brave, load up lashes, gently pressing the wand onto the lash line to print in definition.
Fierce yet feminine, let your lips do the talking in a dark, vampy shade – choose plum, bordeaux or deep berry hues for the most wearable take on the trend.
1. A precise, ladylike lip line is a must – trace your lip contour with liner first, then use a brush to build the colour.
2. Soften the contrast of a dark lip by shading your cheekbones, keeping the rest of your make-up minimal.
3. Match your lips to your fingertips with a coordinating nail colour. Top with two coats of clear varnish for an ultra-glossy, expensive finish.Shop now
Photography: Jason Lloyd-Evans