There’s nothing lovelier than a little ‘me time’ on cold winter evenings. So clear the diary, ditch the to-do list and turn your home into a snug sanctuary
Long cold nights have their drawbacks, but they’re also the perfect excuse to luxuriate in the tub, guilt-free. Even better, with a few indulgent finishing touches (plus a ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door) you can turn a standard soak at home into a decadent spa-style experience.
• Set the mood and help your mind unwind by lighting scented candles – try ones infused with spices for an extra winter-warming effect, such as this Patchouli and Clove candle (pictured ).
• Keep a tray of your favourite goodies to hand (face mask, bath oils – try Cowshed’s calming lavender and eucalyptus blend – and a cheeky glass of bubbly) so you don’t have to stretch far for a pampering fix.
• Invest in a plush bathmat and fluffy Egyptian cotton towels – pop them on the radiator so they’re warmed through when you step out of the bath
Dim the lights, plump those scatter cushions and grab the popcorn – whether you’ve got the sofa to yourself, or you’re snuggled up with a loved one, try these movie night-in tricks to make your living room a haven to hibernate in.
• Slip into your comfort zone with some super-soft loungewear. Our cashmere PJs are so cosy, you’ll never want to take them off – just add slouchy socks and relax.
• For a fuss-free dinner, bring the restaurant to you with our gourmet ready meals – try this authentically spiced noodle dish from the Taste of Singapore range (pictured ). Throw on some herbs, dish up on fancy dinnerware and serve with a delicious pre-mixed cocktail.
• Create sofa heaven with a mix of velvet, quilted and faux-fur cushions – keep a chunky blanket on standby to dive under if you’re binging on a box set.
If an early night is top of your agenda, set yourself up for a dream beauty sleep by tweaking a few details before you dive under the duvet.
• For a bed you’ll want to sink into, invest in a body-moulding mattress topper and toasty feather-down duvet – five-star comfort factor guaranteed.
• Bedside lamps do more than just make your room look like a swish hotel – their gentle light creates a tranquil ambience to lull you into a sleep-ready state.
• Night creams are the equivalent of treating your skin to a facial while you sleep – apply one infused with vitamin A or hyaluronic acid such as Formula’s Sleep Cream () before you hit the pillow.
• It’s not just what you sleep on, but what you sleep in that counts – pure cotton nightwear feels soft next to your skin but is breathable for added comfort.
Photographer: Esther Hasse and Sarah Maingot / Stylist: Gianluca Longo / Prop stylist: Charmaine Dresser
Food stylist: Olivia Bennet / Hair: Roxy Attard / Make-up artist: Adam de Cruz / Nail artist: Emma Welsh
Model: Isabel Deprinceat The Squad / Beauty editor: Emma Robertson