From our must-sip rosé to a barbecue game-changer, director of food product development April Preston picks her favourite new M&S foods, all available in store
1. It wouldn’t be summer without a cool glass of pink, and the Coteaux Varois en Provence rosé is my favourite. Dry and crisp, with a subtle strawberry aroma, it’s heaven with pasta or seafood – ideally outside in the garden!
2. Our exclusive-to-M&S Victoria blackberries are a true summer treat, and so big, sweet and juicy. For a quick-fix dessert, freeze and pour melted white chocolate over the top.
3. This sweet chilli noodle salad, with crunchy carrots and a sesame and sweet chilli dressing, has already become a regular in our house – my son Red loves it, and it’s as good with king prawns as it is on its own.
4. Our Texan-style pork slammers go down a storm with my family – they’re brilliant on the barbecue or in the oven. I just love the kick of chilli and the oozy, cheesy centre.
5. Red Diamond strawberries have such a wonderful bright red colour and flavour, you just know they’re going to be super sweet and fragrant. When they’re this good, you don’t need sugar or cream, though living in Devon I have to succumb to a little bit of clotted cream now and again.
More M&S Food news Get our daily edit