YOUR GUIDE TO SUMMER WINES
Our new Classics range is an expertly curated collection of wines from the world’s finest grape regions, from just £7. Here are our deputy food editor’s top picks – in store now
1. With delicious notes of lemon and white peach, our Classics Gavi, £8, pairs perfectly with a range of chicken and seafood dishes. I’ll serve this vibrant white alongside a zesty lemon and prawn linguine.
2. Transport yourself to the warm shores of the south of France with the Classics côte de provence, £9. Perfectly pale pink in colour and traditionally delicate and refreshing, this stunning rosé is the ultimate mid-afternoon aperitif.
3. Whether you’re toasting a birthday, marking a special occasion or simply fancy some fizz, our Classics prosecco, £8, is the perfect choice. Made by the Dal Bianco family, who have been growing grapes since 1945, this prosseco is made in a drier brut style to highlight the floral notes.
4. Grown in soils rich in granite and clay, the gamay grape produces my favourite fruity red wines. I love to lightly chill the Classics Beaujolais villages, £8, just before serving to really bring out the fruit flavours and heighten its acidity. I’ll be sipping this chilled beauty while tucking into my favourite barbecued foods this weekend.
5. Excellent value and with mouth-watering notes of apple and pear, our Classics pinot grigio, £7, is made by a third-generation brother and sister duo in the Veneto region of Italy. Pair this light white wine with a grilled chicken salad or asparagus risotto.