Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
"A deliciously uncomplicated Italian made from the Montepulciano grape in the central Italian region of Abruzzo. The winemaker, Gaetane Carron, has managed to bring out glorious summer pudding fruit flavours in this one. There's a gentle vanilla hint to it too, thanks to a bit of time spent in oak barrels." Applies to 2012 vintage.
Helen McGinn, Daily Mail , 20th March 2014
Terms and Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Standard
Other applicable terms and conditions
Your use of this Website
copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the Website;
modify, distribute or re-post any content on the Website for any purpose;
reproduce, crawl, frame, link to or deep-link into this Website on or from any other website;
use the content of the Website for any commercial exploitation whatsoever.
- Product information
- Torre Scalza Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
- Vintage: 2011
- Purpley red in colour, this wine has an intensely perfumed aroma and flavour of plums with a rich, smoky, vanilla taste on the finish.
- About this bottle: This is produced in the Abruzzo region in the Pescara Province of Italy. Abruzzo enjoys the warm temperatures of Central Italy and yet has the cooling influence of the Adriatic Sea close to which the vineyards are located. It is made by renowned female 'flying' winemaker Gaetane Carron, who has made wine all over the world. Careful ageing in French oak barrels for 6 months results in the smooth complex nature of the wine.
- Grape Variety: 100% Montepulciano
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Abruzzo
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 13.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.1
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.7
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork
- Consume Within: 36 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Mgm Mondo Del Vino Srl, Via Umberto I, 115, 12040 Priocca (Cn) – Italy
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly