Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 3-5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Barolo Aldo Vajra
- Vintage: 2009
- The nose shows the typical perfume of classic Nebbiolo – orange-peel, violets and red fruits – combining with the earthy notes from restrained use of high-quality oak. On the palate, fine-grained tannins are interwoven with fresh acidity and dark plum and savoury characters leading to a long aftertaste.
- About this bottle: With grapes grown at a height of 400m above sea level in the village of Vergne in the commune of Barolo, this delicious Barolo typifies the pristine flavours and pronounced perfumes that Aldo Vajra is renowned for. The Nebbiolo grapes are a selection from the vineyards of Fossati, La Volta and Costa di Vergne, hand-picked and sorted before fermentation with natural yeasts. After fermentation the wine was matured in larger Slovenian oak casks for over 42 months before bottling. The 2009 vintage was warmer and earlier than normal but cooler nights in September allowed the ripening process to slow allowing the grapes to reach optimum maturity by mid-October.
- Grape Variety: 100% Nebbiolo
- Country of origin: France
- Region: Piemonte
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Vajra, Localita Vergne, Via Delle Viole 25, Barolo (Cuneo) 12060, Italy
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly