Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Te Mata Awatea Cabernet Merlot
- Vintage: 2013
- An intense, full-bodied red with a dark crimson colour and powerful aromas of ripe bramble fruit, roasted coffee, chocolate and menthol. The palate is rich and weighty, with intense poached fruit depths balanced by fine tannins and a long dry finish.
- About this bottle: Te Mata estate was established in 1896 in New Zealand’s Hawke’s Bay, making it one the country’s oldest wine producers. The first vines were planted here on the north-facing slopes around Havelock in 1892 on three parcels of hillside land. Today, Te Mata Estate still uses those same three vineyards. Peter Cowley joined as winemaker in 1984 and has implemented a policy of producing small lots of high quality estate wine over the years. For this vintage of Awetea, winemaker Philip Brodie, who has previously made wine in both Burgundy and Bordeaux, selected prime Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot grapes from separate parcels of vines. The fruit was fermented traditionally before being transferred to French oak barrels for 15 months.
- Grape Variety: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 39% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot
- Country of origin: New Zealand
- Region: Hawke's Bay
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 13.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.1
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.7
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 120 months of purchase
- Bottling address: 349 Te Mata Road, Havelock North, New Zealand
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly