Back to Top
Mark Moriarty is an Irish native and Dublin-based chef. He is a TV regular with programmes including RTÉ One’s Beyond the Menu, and two seasons of the recipe-packed Cook In. He is also a former World Young Chef of the Year and is listed on the Forbes 30 Under 3
“I’ve loved putting together dishes inspired by the flavours of summer, using some stunning ingredients from the M&S range. Summer eating is all about big, feelgood, fresh flavours, with some touches of BBQ smoke. Each recipe reflects this ethos, and I’ve made sure they are really easy to put together.”
“This salad is made for summer grilling, its packed with flavour, yet simple and healthy. Best thing is you can build it all on one plate and let everyone dig in alongside the BBQ. Try placing your grilled meats straight on top, so the quinoa soaks up all those juices!”
1. Preheat your oven to 200c.
2. Heat a heavy-based pot and add some oil, sweat the peppers for 3 minutes until soft.
3. Add the quinoa, season with salt and add the Cook With M&S fajita spice blend, cook for a further minute.
4. Add the stock and bring to the boil, place a lid on and cook for 20-30 minutes in the oven until all the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa is fluffy and cooked.
5. Spoon the quinoa out onto a large plate.
6. Dress the salad with the pomegranate seeds, lime zest and juice, drizzle with yogurt, then sprinkle with crumbled feta, sunflower seeds, mint leaves and dill.
“I’m always one for making sandwiches with quality BBQ meats, and this is my ultimate version. Irish Cashel blue melting on the charred Irish rib eye, classic garnishes of horseradish and pickles, and the secret ingredient of Cook With M&S crispy onions make this a sandwich not to miss. If blue cheese isn’t your thing, there other fantastic Irish cheeses to choose from in store.”
1. Preheat your BBQ until smoking hot.
2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, cook for 2 mins on each side for medium.
3. Rest the steaks on a plate, sprinkle the cashel blue on top and allow it to slightly melt as they rest.
4. Slice your baguette and dress with the horseradish sauce, sliced pickles and watercress.
5. Slice the steak and place in the baguette, then pour in some of the resting meat juices from the tray. Finish with a topping of crispy onions and serve.
Our new range of more than 100 ingredients, designed to make cooking dinner easy
For premium-quality groceries at excellent low prices, look no further