Back to Top
Mark Moriarty is an Irish native and Dublin-based chef. He is a TV regular with programmes including RTÉ One’s Beyond the Menu, and two seasons of the recipe-packed Cook In. He is also a former World Young Chef of the Year and is listed on the Forbes 30 Under 3
“Delighted to be partnering with the team at M&S again, showcasing some great produce with three seasonal recipes, from meat free Monday to a twist on a classic Irish dish. The quality of M&S ingredients and sourcing is unrivalled, and the 'Cook With' range offers the home cook lots of quick flavour hits for everyday meals. My cupboard is stocked with everything from spice blends, to pastes and flavoured oils. Enjoy!”
“St Patrick's Day might not be known for food, but it should be! Here I've taken the humble Maris Piper potato, pulled out a classic Irish dish and given it a twist using some great M&S ingredients... My boxty potato cake with poached egg, mustard mayo and crispy ham hock, perfect for a beautiful brunch to kick off the national holiday!”
1. Peel the potatoes and grate onto a clean tea towel, using a box grater.
2. Squeeze the excess water out of the potato, then place in a bowl. Add the mashed potato, sour cream, flour, egg yolk to the bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat and add plain oil. Shape the boxty on a board using some flour to avoid sticking. It should be wide and shallow, no more than 1 inch thick.
4. Cook over a slow, low heat for approx. 5 mins on both sides, until it is golden brown and soft throughout. Repeat for all 4.
5. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard. Place this on top of the boxty.
6. Poach the eggs and place on top
7. Fry the pulled ham hock in a pan until crispy and place on top. Finish with chopped chives and serve
“Butternut squash is a great seasonal ingredient, here I've treated it like a piece of meat by roasting it and coating it in a beautiful spice blend. With a quick salad brought together with extra smooth hummus, this is a great dish for a meat free alternative without compromising on flavour”
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Peel butternut squash, scrape away seeds and pulp using a spoon. Quarter the squash.
3. Heat some olive oil in a pan and colour the squash on both sides, add the Cook With M&S Dukkah blend and place in the oven for 5mins. Remove the squash and grate lime zest on top.
4. Add the olive oil, mustard and lime juice to a bowl and mix. Add the strained chickpeas, feta and green olives and mix.
5. To plate, spoon some of the M&S Collection hummus onto the bottom of the plate, top this with the dressed chickpea salad, followed by the roasted squash. Tear some basil leaves and drop on top.
“Valentines Day cries out for chocolate and indulgence. So here's a triple chocolate fondant with clotted cream that goes all out. It's my favourite dessert that's made even better with beautiful M&S chocolate. You can even have them made in the fridge in advance, then straight to the oven to finish off the meal”
1. Line some ramekins or moulds with a small amount of butter and cocoa powder.
2. Place the 90% and Milk chocolate in a bowl, boil the cream and pour on top. Mix until smooth and chill in fridge.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and airy.
4. Fold the flour into the eggs, then stir in the melted chocolate and butter. Pour this mix into the moulds, ¾ of the way up.
5. Scoop some of the firm chocolate ganache from the fridge and roll into a small ball in your hand, press this into the middle of the fondants.
6. Bake for 12 mins at 180c. turn out onto a plate and dust with cocoa powder.
7. Remove the seeds from the vanilla pods and fold through the clotted cream, serve alongside the fondant.
Our new range of more than 100 ingredients, designed to make cooking dinner easy
For premium-quality groceries at excellent low prices, look no further