Make your Easter celebrations extra sweet with our dazzling desserts and cakes. Plus, discover our ideas for homemade creations – including an Easter bunny carrot cake, chocolate pretzel nests and a giant speckled egg cookie – below
Your favourite bakery treat has had an Easter makeover! Our classic Yumnut now comes topped with a chocolate fondant nest and chocolate speckled eggs – perfect with a cuppa.
Pick up this limited-edition speckled egg Yumnut in store from 30 March.
Our new speckled egg cake jar features layers of Belgian milk chocolate sauce, madeira sponge, funfetti-speckled vanilla buttercream, chocolate sponge and cheerful yellow chocolate eggs.
Pick up this little jar of happiness in store now!
A party isn’t a party without Colin – and this year, he’s invited the Easter bunny! With our “Easter bunny meets Colin the Caterpillar” duo, you’ll get two extremely chocolatey sponge rolls with chocolate buttercream, covered in milk chocolate and decorated with colourful Easter decorations.
Pick up the duo in store from 4 April.
Try topping a homemade carrot cake with buttercream, desiccated coconut coloured with green food colouring to create grass, carrots made from orange and green icing and your choice of chocolate Easter bunny. Perfect for a showstopping Easter afternoon tea!
Pick up everything you need to make this epic Easter treat in store.
Want to keep the little ones busy? Get them to help you whip up these easy-peasy chocolate nests. Simply break up our salted pretzel sticks and coat them in melted milk and dark chocolate, butter and syrup. Next, drop spoonfuls of the mix onto a baking sheet, create nest shapes and allow to set.
Once set, fill the nests with our chiccy choccy speckled eggs. You could even serve a couple of our chirpy chicks along with them to create a super-cute Easter scene.
Gather your friends and family and tuck into a flavour-packed seasonal brunch. Make sure to pick up our fluffy bunny-shaped crumpets – they’re super cute, and taste incredible served with our maple butter.
Plus, you’ll find our new hot cross loaf in our bakery. This spiced rye sourdough loaf is studded with Turkish sultanas, raisins, mixed peel and vostizza currants, and is perfect either on its own or served with butter and our rhubarb jam.
All that’s left to sort is fresh fruit juice and coffee, and spring blooms to set the table. Find all your Easter brunch must-tries in store now.
Use our pastel-hued chicky choccy speckled eggs to decorate these fudgy, coconut-topped cupcakes the whole family will love
Ingredients (makes 12)
For the topping:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake cases.
2. Mix the dry cupcake ingredients along with a pinch of salt in a bowl, then add the yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla and stir. Whisk in the boiling water.
3. Divide the mix between the cupcake cases and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the icing, melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
5. Sift the malted milk powder, icing sugar and a pinch of salt into a bowl, then whisk in the milk. Mix in the melted chocolate and butter. Allow to cool before whisking with an electric whisk.
6. Spread the chocolate icing onto each cooled cupcake, then press in the desiccated coconut and finish each with 2-3 chocolate eggs.
What’s better than a freshly baked homemade cookie? A giant one, of course! Get kids to help with measuring, stirring and decorating this sweet creation, and serve with ice cream or just a glass of milk
Ingredients (makes one 22cm cookie)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a cake tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then mix in the egg and egg yolk.
3. Combine the flour, cornflour and baking powder, then fold through the egg, butter and sugar mix. Add the chunks of chocolate and stir until evenly combined.
4. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.
5. Remove from the oven and gently press in the chicky choccy speckled eggs. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with ice cream or double cream.
Top tip: make a double batch of the cookie dough, wrap in cling film and freeze, ready to be defrosted and made into fresh cookies whenever you fancy.
Take Easter indulgence to the next level by filling our milk chocolate Alfie the Bunny (or white chocolate Bella the Bunny) with a creamy milkshake. Simply warm a sharp knife under a hot tap and carefully cut the top off one ear. Dispense a chocolate, strawberry or banana milkshake into a jug, then carefully pour it into the hole.
Let kids help to decorate with their toppings of choice – we recommend cream, jazzie sprinkles, mini marshmallows and raspberries – then pop in a straw and serve. Once the milkshake has been polished off, Alfie the Bunny is ready to be cracked into and shared.
Top tip: you can make your own milkshake by whizzing up ice cream and a splash of milk in a blender.
Get ready for Easter by stocking up on epic Easter eggs and chocolate gifts, including Bella the bunny and Wilma the sausage dog
From our fruity classic to new-in savoury and sweet varieties, there’s a hot cross bun for everyone in store