OUR BEAUTY EDITOR’S HAIR HACKS
As a beauty editor, I get to try hundreds of products. These are the five haircare innovations I tell all my friends to buy…
1. The treatment oil: Thick, thin, dry, frizzy and fine hair all benefit from Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Treatment Oil, €34. Camellia seed oil restores moisture and protects from heat, while macadamia seed oil ensures strength and shine.
2. The volume dial-up spray: Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder, available in store, is perfect for every scenario. A quick shift of the nozzle switches the effect from delicate body and hold to serious Bardot-inspired volume and grip.
3. The reviving root lifter: I squirt Aveda Invati Advanced Scalp Revitalizer, available in store, into roots once a day for oomph, AKA thicker, fuller-looking tresses. The Ayurvedic herb blend delivers a tingly sensation on impact that feels invigorating and convinces me it’s working.
4. The raincoat for hair: I no longer scrape my hair back on a rainy day. Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Sealant, €33, covers strands with a waterproof seal that fights humidity and banishes frizz. Results are smooth and shiny – always.
5. The colour corrector: My grey roots pop up faster than my hair appointments, so this mirrored compact is my saviour. The Color Wow Root Cover Up €39, covers regrowth fast without looking fake – plus no dripping down my face when it rains.
See more haircare