Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
- Product information
- Journey's End The Cape Doctor
- Vintage: 2009
- Only produced in the very best vintages, this inky-dark South African red offers a powerful bouquet of fruitcake, sweet spices and savoury notes. The silky smooth full-bodied palate is layered with complex stewed fruit and spice flavours and has a very long finish.
- About this bottle: The Journey’s End wine estate lies in the breathtaking Schapenberg Hills of Stellenbosch, where the crumbly decomposed ‘Tuculu’ granite soils and the strong coastal influence provide a haven for grapes to ripen. For the 2009 vintage – named after the cooling south-easterly wind that blows through these hills – Journey’s End have moved away from a straight Cabernet Sauvignon wine and created a more complex blend, adding Merlot, Malbec and Cabernet Franc to the mix. Winemaker Leon Esterhuizen had the grapes harvested early in the morning so they reached the winery with their fresh primary fruit characters intact. The different grape varieties were kept separate and once fermented, only the free-run juice was used for this wine, capturing all the intensity of the grapes, before the wine was matured in French oak barrels for 18 months.
- Grape Variety: 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot, 7% Malbec and 7% Cab Franc
- Country of origin: South Africa
- Region: Stellenbosch
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Journeys End, Old Sir Lowrys Pass Road, Somerset West 7130, South Africa
Not available for international delivery.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Please drink responsibly