Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Barolo Pio Cesare
- Vintage: 2009
- The warm 2009 vintage has allowed Nebbiolo to show a ripeness of plum fruit and ripe tannins along with the characteristic, alluring, perfume of violet, rose and tar.
- About this bottle: Founded in 1881, Pio Cesare was one of the first wineries to focus on the quality and specific terroir of Piemonte in North West Italy. For five generations, the family have produced wine in the cellars based in the centre of the historic town on Alba. Pio Cesare now own 50 hectares of vineyards in many of the most famous areas associated with production of Barolo. This example, made from 100% Nebbiolo grapes, sourced from the family vineyards in Serralunga d’Alba, Grinzane Cavour, La Morra and Barolo-Novello was blended with grapes sourced from other quality focussed growers with long associations with Pio Cesare. This classic example was aged for 3 years in French oak, 70% in larger casks, 30% in barriques. Ready to drink now, the wine will continue to develop further subtle nuances over the next 5 years.
- Grape Variety: 100% Nebbiolo
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Piemonte, Barlolo
- More information
- Bottle size: 75.000 cl
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 0.0
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Pio Cesare - Via Ceasare Balbo 6, 12051 Alba, Cuneo, Italy
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly