Delivery and returns
- Standard UK delivery
- Next day delivery to a UK address*
- Delivery to a UK address on the date of your choice*
- Free next or named day delivery on orders over £100 – enter FREEWINE at checkout
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Barolo Pio Cesare
- Vintage: 2009
- The warm 2009 vintage has allowed Nebbiolo to show a ripeness of plum fruit and ripe tannins along with the characteristic, alluring, perfume of violet, rose and tar.
- About this bottle: Founded in 1881, Pio Cesare was one of the first wineries to focus on the quality and specific terroir of Piemonte in North West Italy. For five generations, the family have produced wine in the cellars based in the centre of the historic town on Alba. Pio Cesare now own 50 hectares of vineyards in many of the most famous areas associated with production of Barolo. This example, made from 100% Nebbiolo grapes, sourced from the family vineyards in Serralunga d’Alba, Grinzane Cavour, La Morra and Barolo-Novello was blended with grapes sourced from other quality focussed growers with long associations with Pio Cesare. This classic example was aged for 3 years in French oak, 70% in larger casks, 30% in barriques. Ready to drink now, the wine will continue to develop further subtle nuances over the next 5 years.
- Grape Variety: 100% Nebbiolo
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Piemonte, Barlolo
- More information
- Bottle size: 75.000 cl
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 0.0
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Spend £20 on Food and Wine gifts and get FREE Nominated Day Delivery
1.Buy required threshold of products. When you are finished shopping, click the "Proceed to checkout" button.
2.Send these items to a single address.
3.Select Nominated Day Delivery.
4.If a claim code is required, after selecting a payment method, enter the claim code in the area "Apply promotions", and click "Apply."
5.Enjoy free delivery on items sent to that address.
6.This offer excludes Furniture items.
- Applies to eligible items purchased.
- Items added to the Shopping Basket when free delivery is in effect, but not purchased until after the promotion ends, will not receive free delivery.
- Delivery and gift wrap charges are not included in calculating purchase amount if offer has a threshold.
- Applies to Nominated Day Delivery only.
- Applies only to orders sent to a single address.
- Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.
- If you cancel or return items purchased using this offer, and your order drops below the threshold, then you will incur a delivery charge.
- Offers are available for a limited time and may end without notice.