Delivery and returns
- Standard UK delivery
- Next day delivery to a UK address*
- Delivery to a UK address on the date of your choice*
- Free next or named day delivery on orders over £100 – enter FREEWINE at checkout
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
"Xinomavro is a brilliant red grape variety from Greece, which is well worth getting to know. This bottle offers supple cherry flavours, with savoury character too." Applies to 2011 vintage.
Jamie Goode, Sunday Express , 16th January 2014
"This humble but arresting Greek is made from the tart xinomavro grape grown in northern Greece. Your first taste of quirky biodynamic xinomavro, like this gamey, thyme and rose-scented, oak-aged 2011, will come as a shock, but persevere as there are lots of festive spiced meats that cry out for this pale, 14 per cent alcohol red."
Jane MacQuitty, The Times , 16th January 2014
"Interest in Greek wine seems to be rising in inverse proportion to the fortunes of its economy. Recently I wrote about the selection on offer at revitalised Oddbins…Marks & Spencer is also doing its bit, and its red collaboration with Apostolos Thymiopoulos from Naoussa in Greek Macedonia is classic xinomavro: rippling with juicy dark cherry in a sweet-sour, Italianate mode."
David Williams, The Observer , 16th January 2014
- Product information
- Thymiopoulos Xinomavro
- Vintage: 2011
- This rich, smooth red is produced from the unique Xinomavro grape grown in north-west Greece.
- About this bottle: It is a challenging grape to grow, but maverick young winemaker Apostolos Thymiopoulos has masterfully tamed his vines to create a wine of finesse and intensity comparable to a to create a wine of finesse and intensity comparable to a fine Italian red. Here he has produced a beautiful ruby-coloured wine, gorgeously scented with blackberries ruby-coloured wine, gorgeously scented with blackberries and damsons. Thanks to the careful bio-dynamic (super organic) principles by which it has been produced, it is bursting with plump, healthy, ripe red fruit
- Grape Variety: 100% Xinomavro
- Country of origin: Greece
- Region: Naoussa
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.5
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork - T-bar icon
- Consume Within: 24 months of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 save 5%
- Buy 2 wine cases save 5% applies to marked products only and online at marksandspencer.com only.
- Excludes, Single Bottle Gifts, Beer, Cider and Ale, Spirits, Port and Sherry, Food and Wine Gifts.
- Offer applies 00:01 11th March 2014, expires 23:59 31st March 2014.
- Discount applied at checkout.