Delivery and returns
- Standard UK delivery
- Next day delivery to a UK address*
- Delivery to a UK address on the date of your choice*
- Free next or named day delivery on orders over £100 – enter FREEWINE at checkout
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
With gorgeous briar-fruit and spicy aromas, this robust red is ideal for Barolo fans on a budget. Wild and wonderful wine
Olly Smith, Mail on Sunday , 24th January 2013
This humble but arresting Greek is made from the tart xinomavro grape grown in northern Greece. Your first taste of quirky biodynamic xinomavro, like this gamey, thyme and rose-scented, oak-aged 2011, will come as a shock, but persevere as there are lots of festive spiced meats that cry out for this pale, 14 per cent alcohol red
Jane MacQuitty, The Times , 24th January 2013
Interest in Greek wine seems to be rising in inverse proportion to the fortunes of its economy. Recently I wrote about the selection on offer at revitalised Oddbins…Marks & Spencer is also doing its bit, and its red collaboration with Apostolos Thymiopoulos from Naoussa in Greek Macedonia is classic xinomavro: rippling with juicy dark cherry in a sweet-sour, Italianate mode
David Williams, The Observer , 24th January 2013
- Product information
- Thymiopoulos Xinomavro
- Vintage: 2011
- This rich, smooth red is produced from the unique Xinomavro grape grown in north-west Greece.
- About this bottle: It is a challenging grape to grow, but maverick young winemaker Apostolos Thymiopoulos has masterfully tamed his vines to create a wine of finesse and intensity comparable to a to create a wine of finesse and intensity comparable to a fine Italian red. Here he has produced a beautiful ruby-coloured wine, gorgeously scented with blackberries ruby-coloured wine, gorgeously scented with blackberries and damsons. Thanks to the careful bio-dynamic (super organic) principles by which it has been produced, it is bursting with plump, healthy, ripe red fruit
- Grape Variety: 100% Xinomavro
- Country of origin: Greece
- Region: Naoussa
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.5
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork - T-bar icon
- Consume Within: 24 months of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 cases save 25%
- Buy 2 Save 25% on wine cases applies online at marksandspencer.com only.
- Offer applies 14th February 2014 – 9th March 2014.
- Subject to availability.
- Cases ordered online via Wine Direct are not currently available for collection in store.
- Multiple wine cases or wine products on offers must be shipped to the same address.
- Offer does not apply to delivery charges.
- Check relevant delivery terms and conditions online.
- Any refunds will take into account the discount.
- We are committed to promoting responsible drinking.
- Products containing alcohol can only be sold or delivered to those aged 18 or over. www.drinkaware.co.uk.