Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- Free when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE at checkout.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
"Xinomavro is a brilliant red grape variety from Greece, which is well worth getting to know. This bottle offers supple cherry flavours, with savoury character too." Applies to 2011 vintage.
Jamie Goode, Sunday Express , 16th March 2014
"Burgundy-like in its berry-scented fragrance, but the robust texture goes well with game or roasted vegetables."
Anthony Rose, Independent , 16th March 2014
"Interest in Greek wine seems to be rising in inverse proportion to the fortunes of its economy. Recently I wrote about the selection on offer at revitalised Oddbins…Marks & Spencer is also doing its bit, and its red collaboration with Apostolos Thymiopoulos from Naoussa in Greek Macedonia is classic xinomavro: rippling with juicy dark cherry in a sweet-sour, Italianate mode."
David Williams, The Observer , 16th March 2014
- Product information
- Thymiopoulos Xinomavro
- Vintage: 2011
- This rich, smooth red is produced from the unique Xinomavro grape grown in north-west Greece.
- About this bottle: It is a challenging grape to grow, but maverick young winemaker Apostolos Thymiopoulos has masterfully tamed his vines to create a wine of finesse and intensity comparable to a to create a wine of finesse and intensity comparable to a fine Italian red. Here he has produced a beautiful ruby-coloured wine, gorgeously scented with blackberries ruby-coloured wine, gorgeously scented with blackberries and damsons. Thanks to the careful bio-dynamic (super organic) principles by which it has been produced, it is bursting with plump, healthy, ripe red fruit
- Grape Variety: 100% Xinomavro
- Country of origin: Greece
- Region: Naoussa
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.5
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork - T-bar icon
- Consume Within: 24 months of purchase
- Bottling address: P. O. Box 62 , Trilofos, Imathia, 59100 Greece
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 5%
Applies online at marksandspencer.com only from 00.01 23/06/15 – 23.59 01/08/15. Includes all wine, prosecco and Champagne as well as single bottle gifts and beer, cider & ale cases. Excludes wine club and spirits. While stocks last. Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.
Free home delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.