Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- Free when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE at checkout.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
A good German red to get started on is Marks & Spencer's dark, plummy Palataia Pinot Noir 2012 made by M&S's former winemaker Gerd Stepp
Fiona Beckett, The Guardian , 26th October 2013
Germany is third in the pinot noir production stakes, but the wines have only recently begun to attract attention overseas. Marks & Spark's version is appropriately sparky: a bright, juicy, turkey-ready lighter red, brimming with sappy forest fruit and refreshing cranberry
David Williams, Observer Food Monthly , 26th October 2013
"Germany's pinot noirs are gaining ground here, so tuck into this unusual, fat, ripe, beefy, gamey, peppermint-finished red, from the sunny Pfalz, north of Alsace.
Jane MacQuitty, The Times , 26th October 2013
- Product information
- Palataia Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2012
- A stylish and complex Pinot Noir that is scented, seductive and lingering.
- About this bottle: Aromas of ripe summer berries and raspberry leaf are complemented by an underlying gamey flavour in this multi-layered and highly impressive wine. Made for us by long-time M&S winemaker Gerd Stepp together with Matthias Gaul, this wine has serious pedigree and rivals many top Burgundian Pinots in quality. Both Gerd and Matthias are from winemaking families and their understanding of the sunny Pfalz is second to none. They have kept yields low for concentration and added just a touch of oak for roundness.
- Country of origin: Germany
- Region: Pfalz
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 13.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.1
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.7
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw cap
- Consume Within: 12 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Gp Winery Gmbh D-67229 Laumersheim
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 25%
Applies online at marksandspencer.com only from 00.01 19/03/15 – 23.59 06/04/15. Includes all wine, prosecco and Champagne as well as single bottle gifts and beer, cider & ale cases. Excludes wine club and spirits. While stocks last. Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.
Free home delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.