Delivery and returns
- Standard UK delivery
- Next day delivery to a UK address*
- Delivery to a UK address on the date of your choice*
- Free next or named day delivery on orders over £100 – enter FREEWINE at checkout
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
A good German red to get started on is Marks & Spencer's dark, plummy Palataia Pinot Noir 2012 made by M&S's former winemaker Gerd Stepp
Fiona Beckett, The Guardian , 26th October 2013
Germany is third in the pinot noir production stakes, but the wines have only recently begun to attract attention overseas. Marks & Spark's version is appropriately sparky: a bright, juicy, turkey-ready lighter red, brimming with sappy forest fruit and refreshing cranberry
David Williams, Observer Food Monthly , 26th October 2013
"Germany's pinot noirs are gaining ground here, so tuck into this unusual, fat, ripe, beefy, gamey, peppermint-finished red, from the sunny Pfalz, north of Alsace.
Jane MacQuitty, The Times , 26th October 2013
- Product information
- Palataia Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2012
- A stylish and complex Pinot Noir that is scented, seductive and lingering.
- About this bottle: Aromas of ripe summer berries and raspberry leaf are complemented by an underlying gamey flavour in this multi-layered and highly impressive wine. Made for us by long-time M&S winemaker Gerd Stepp together with Matthias Gaul, this wine has serious pedigree and rivals many top Burgundian Pinots in quality. Both Gerd and Matthias are from winemaking families and their understanding of the sunny Pfalz is second to none. They have kept yields low for concentration and added just a touch of oak for roundness.
- Country of origin: Germany
- Region: Pfalz
- More information
- Bottle size: 750.000 ml
- Alcohol content: 13.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.1
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.7
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw cap
- Consume Within: 12 months of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 25%
• Buy 2 wine cases save 25% applies to marked products only and online at marksandspencer.com only. • Excludes, Single Bottle Gifts, Beer, Cider and Ale, Spirits, Port and Sherry, Food and Wine Gifts.
• Offer applies 00:01 29th July 2014 – 23.59 1 September 2014.
• Discount applied at checkout.
• Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.