Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- Free when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE at checkout.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Do you deliver to my postcode? >
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
Ferricrete is the soil (clay over shale) on which the Cluvers grow the grapes for this wine, which is waxy and herby, but deliciously fruity and flavoursome too. There's no shortage of refined, acid-etched clarity and purity, the flavoursome sweet apple and the floral edged finesse, all in perfect balance with the residual sugar. Not sweet, but genuinely off-dry.
The Wine Gang , 1st June 2014
Elgin is a small area an hour or so east of Cape Town. Its cool climate provides some of South Africa's most pure, elegant whites. From one of the region's pioneers, this is a tightrope walk between wildflower honey and lime zest with a hint of the sea - ideal spring refreshment
Hamish Anderson, Daily Telegraph , 1st June 2014
"Elgin is renowned for crunchy, elegant whites and silky pinot noirs. This picturesque region is home to a number of wonderful wineries, and Paul Cluver is one of its most famous estates. Beautifully fragrant and sherbety, this is an epic riesling."
Matthew Jukes, Daily Mail , 1st June 2014
- Product information
- Ferricrete Riesling
- Vintage: 2013
- A delightfully aromatic Riesling characterised by fresh lime and honeysuckle aromas with refreshing citrus fruit on the palate balanced by a gentle sweetness.
- About this bottle: Ferricrete Riesling takes its name from the iron rich soil in which the grape vines are grown, giving a mineral flavour twist to the wine. It is crafted on the Paul Cluver Estate located in the cool coastal region of Elgin, renowned for its aromatic wines of exceptional quality.
- Grape Variety: 100% Riesling
- Country of origin: South Africa
- Region: Elgin
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 10 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 7.5
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.3
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw cap
- Consume Within: 6 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Paul Cluver Wines, A593 Grabouw, South Africa
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 25% on Wine & Champagne Cases
Buy 2 save 25% on selected wine cases. Applies online at marksandspencer.com only from 00:01 03/02/15 – 23.59 02/03/15. While stocks last. Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.
Free home delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.