Free Home Delivery over 30 OMR
Hassle free returns
Click & Collect available
This policy applies to all Marks and Spencer Plc (“M&S”) owned and operated websites, both in the UK and in the international territories in which we operate. This includes M&S owned web pages which refer a user to M&S branded products and services which are provided by third party organisations.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse M&S websites. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our websites, or to identify you as an M&S customer when you visit other websites. They can be used for just the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or they can be used to measure how you interact with services and content over time (“persistent cookies”).
1. We use essential cookies to deliver and maintain on-line services, including providing basic website functionality, remembering your basket content, facilitating transactions and payments, fraud prevention, and maintaining and securing our websites;and
Essential cookies used for these purposes are deployed automatically for all users as soon as they enter our websites. If you wish to use our sites you cannot opt out of these cookies as they are an essential and integral feature.
1. Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
2. Enable special website features such as widgets or embedded media files for example. These website features are not essential to the operation of the website but are intended to enhance user experience. They also allow us to develop and test new website features.
3. Enable M&S to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
This includes cookies used to:-
These types of cookies allow us to improve the way our websites and mobile apps work so that we can personalise your experience and show you content which is most relevant to you.
For example, a product or service may only be available in a particular location and may be more relevant to you depending on where you are, or we might show you certain products or services that we believe are most relevant to you based on your previous browsing or purchasing behaviour.
These types of cookies may collect information about your online attributes or behaviour, such as your device identifier and/or IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your browsing and purchase history or the content of your shopping basket.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected, for example your purchases online and in store.
Some cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and when you saw it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
You can continue to use our website and complete transactions without consenting to cookies, but if you do this some website functionality may be impaired.
You can also disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
These cookies are essential to the basic operation of the website and cannot be disabled because the website will not function without them. These cookies are essential to the basic operation of the website and cannot be disabled because the website will not function without them.
They are used for various functions that allow the website to operate, including:
- Setting language and directing a user to the correct site
- Basket persistence and size
- User identification, session ID, Log in detail to facilitate flow of data between browser and server
- To differentiate between user device and set layout and display of pages
- Redirects to new pages from old ones
- Order tracking
- Retain persistence of information in forms or online chats
- Facilitating payments
- Managing consents such as for the deployment of cookies or for marketing
Security functions including;
- User authentication
- BOT attack prevention,
- Visitor prioritisation,
- Performance optimisation,
- Phased release for page updates
These cookies make your shopping experience easier. They enable basic functions such as seeing recently viewed products or searches.
Switching off these cookies will mean that areas of our website won’t work properly.
They are used for various functions to improve your shopping experience such as:
- Displaying recently viewed products or searches,
- Retaining previous basket contents,
- Allowing non-essential widgets or videos to operate,
- Allowing non-essential services such as store locators to work.
These cookies help us to learn what you’re interested in so we can show you relevant content while you shop on our site. Switching off these cookies will mean you see a generic version of the website, rather than content which is more relevant to you
They are used for various functions to tailor our website to your preferences and interests, including:
- Visitor identification,
- Targeted content based on location or preferences,Targeted content based on location or preferences,
- To ensure consistent experience on the website,
- To personalise display banners,
- To display user generated content.
These cookies gather information such as how many people are using our site or which pages are popular to help us improve customer experience. Switching off these cookies will mean we are less able to gather information to improve your experience.
They are used to help us understand how you interact with our website, products and/or services so that we can better understand your needs. For example, we collect and analyse information about:
- Visitor page views or movements around the website
- Customer likes and preferences
- Online and offline purchases
These cookies help us to learn what you’re interested in so we can show you relevant adverts on other websites. Switching off these cookies will mean you will see generic advertising on other websites, rather than ads which are most relevant to you.
They are used to:
- Gather information from you on your device to display advertisements
- Measure performance of advertisements
- Coodinate marketing campaigns across a user’s devices
- Share information gathered with other advertisers
- Build user profiles
- To support ad targeting on other websites
and 'Add to Home Screen'
Speed up your shopping experience by adding M&S to your home screen!