Free delivery over S$120
Hassle free returns
Click & Collect available
This policy applies to all Marks and Spencer Plc (“M&S”) owned and operated sites and apps, both in the UK and in the international territories in which we operate. This includes M&S owned pages which refer a user to M&S branded products and services which are provided by third party organisations.
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or other devices (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse M&S sites and apps. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our sites / apps, or to identify you as an M&S customer when you visit other digital locations. They can be used for just the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or to measure how you interact with services and content over time (“persistent cookies”).
For the purpose of this policy, we use the term “cookies” to include cookies and any other technology that stores or accesses information on a user’s device.
If you have accepted all cookies (or certain categories) and change your mind, it is easy to change your settings by going to the cookie preference centre. This gives you the opportunity to withdraw your consent by rejecting all cookies. See the section below entitled ‘What if you don’t want non-essential cookies to be used’ for further information.
These cookies are used by M&S to deliver and maintain digital services, including providing basic functionality, remembering your basket content, facilitating transactions and payments, fraud prevention, and maintaining and securing our sites and apps.
Essential cookies used for these purposes are deployed automatically for all users as soon as they access our sites/apps. If you wish to use our sites/apps, you cannot opt out of these cookies as they are an essential and integral feature. The law recognises this and does not require consent for deployment of such cookies.
1. Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
2. Enable special features such as widgets or embedded media files.
These special features are not essential to the operation of the site/app but are intended to enhance user experience. They also allow us to develop and test new features.
3.Enable M&S to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our site or app from a site operated by those parties.
4. Show personalised content based on your interests, preferences or location
We use these cookies to improve the way our websites and apps work so that we can personalise your experience and show you content which is most relevant to you. For example, a product or service may only be available in a particular location and may be more relevant to you depending on where you are, or we might show you certain products or services that we believe are most relevant to you based on your previous browsing or purchasing behaviour.
These cookies may collect information about your online attributes or behaviour, such as your device identifier and/or IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your browsing and purchase history or the content of your shopping basket.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected, for example your purchases online and in store.
Some cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and when you saw it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
You can continue to use our website and complete transactions without consenting to cookies, but if you do this some website functionality may be impaired.
Alternatively, on the website you can do so by clearing cookies from your browser and re-entering the site. This will cause the pop-up banner to re-display, and you can choose to use the site(s) without consenting to cookies.
You can also disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the websites you visit may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
These cookies are deemed essential and, as set out above, will be deployed to all users (unless they are disabled via browser settings). There are two categories of essential cookies, which are legally exempt from the obligation to obtain consent, as set out below.
1.Cookies used for various functions that allow the websites to operate, including:
- Setting language and directing a user to the correct site
- Basket persistence and size
- User identification, session ID, Log in detail to facilitate flow of data between browser and server
- To differentiate between user device and set layout and display of pages
- Redirects to new pages from old ones
- Order tracking
- Retain persistence of information in forms or online chats
- Facilitating payments
- Managing consents such as for the deployment of cookies or for marketing
2. Cookies used for fraud prevention and information security functions including;
- User authentication
- BOT attack prevention,
- Visitor prioritisation,
- Performance optimisation,
- Phased release for page updates
In some cases, information derived from these cookies are shared with third party providers to deliver these services. These include the third parties who work with us to provide.
- Security detection and session replay software
- Preference Management System(s) tools
These cookies make your shopping experience and use of the site/app easier. They enable basic functions which are standard for sites and apps.
Switching off these cookies will mean that areas of our website/app won’t work properly.
They are used for various functions including:
- Displaying recently viewed products or searches,
- Retaining previous basket contents
- Allowing non-essential widgets or videos to operate
- Allowing non-essential services such as store locators to work.
In some cases, information derived from these cookies is shared with third parties to deliver these services. Such third parties include:-
- Webchat Service Provider(s).
- Online Application and Widget Provider(s).
- Feedback and Survey tool Providers.
- Virtual apparel sizing software Providers.
These cookies help us to learn what you’re interested in so we can show you relevant content while you shop on our site/app and so we can prepare personalised marketing campaigns. Switching off these cookies will mean you see a generic version of the website, rather than content which is more relevant to you. If you accept marketing cookies, but opt out of personalisation, you will receive generic, non-personalised marketing content in social and digital media.
They are used for various functions to tailor our website to your preferences and interests, including:
- Visitor identification,
- Targeted content based on location or preferences, Targeted content based on location or preferences
- To ensure consistent experience across the M&S digital ecosphere
- To personalise display banners
- To display user generated content.
In some cases, information derived from these cookies is shared with third party providers to deliver these services. Examples of the services that such third parties provide include:-
- Personalisation tools, to display product recommendations and recently viewed products.
- Tools to display User-generated content such as from social media.
- To support the preparation of personalised marketing campaigns which are delivered to customers who consent to marketing cookies and/or consent to direct marketing via email or text.
These cookies are used to help us understand how users interact with our website/app, products and/or services on an individual basis, so that we can better understand their needs. For example, these cookies are used to collect and analyse information about:
- Visitor page views or movements around the website
- Customer likes and preferences
- Online and offline purchases
In some cases, information derived from these cookies is shared with third party providers to deliver these services. Such third parties include:-
- Analytical platform Providers
- Analytic tagging Service Providers
- User performance and feedback Providers
These cookies are used to determine the M&S advertising content you will be shown when on-line. . Switching off these cookies will mean you will see generic advertising on other websites or apps, rather than ads which are most relevant to you.
They are used to:
- Gather information from you on your device to display advertisements
- Measure performance of advertisements
- Coodinate marketing campaigns across a user’s devices
- Share information gathered with other advertisers
- Build user profiles
- To support ad targeting on other websites
- Third Party Advertisers and Affiliate Marketing Partners
- Social Media Advertising Platforms
- Customer Data Platforms which combine online and offline data for use by third party marketing Partners
and 'Add to Home Screen'
Speed up your shopping experience by adding M&S to your home screen!