Funniest Mother’s Day Gifts Competition
Terms & Conditions
About the competition
1. The promoter of this competition is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. By entering the competition you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the competition.
Entering the competition
4. The free competition is open only to permanent UK residents aged 18 or over, who have a facebook or Twitter account.
5. To enter the draw, you must tell us the funniest Mother’s Day gift you have received by commenting or submitting a picture on the M&S Facebook page or tweeting your message or picture to @marksandspencer on Twitter.
6. Entry is open between 12:00pm on 20th March 2014 and 2:00pm on 26th March 2014 (inclusive).
7. Employees or relatives of employees of Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this competition) are not permitted to enter.
8. Only one entry per person. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
Choosing the winners
9. An independent person will select the five (5) funniest messages from all messages received which comply with entry requirements specified in clause 6. The winners will be announced publicly on M&S social channels by 23:59 on Wednesday 26th March 2014.
10. M&S will ask the prize winners to submit their delivery address via private message. The winner must be available to receive delivery of the prize on 30th March. If the prize winner does not respond to the private message with confirmation of the delivery address by 8:00am 28th March M&S cannot guarantee the prize will arrive in time for Mother’s Day. If the prize winner does not respond to the private message with confirmation of the delivery address by 8:00am 1st April they will forfeit the prize.
11. Five (5) winners will be selected to each win one (1) Pamper Hamper worth £40.
12. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter have no liability in respect of this competition. All information you provide when you enter the competition is provided to M&S and not to Facebook or Twitter.
13. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
14. M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
15. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
16. M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions or to have otherwise acted in an inappropriate or deceitful manner.
17. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the competition is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the competition.
18. The names and counties of the prize winners will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Community Manager, Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the competition; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the prize in transit to the Winner.
20. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
21. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the competition. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2014 Marks and Spencer plc.