Makes 16 servings
For the Welsh Rarebit topping
625g Cornish Cruncher (cheddar) cheese, grated
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot English mustard
2 tbsp double cream
Tabasco sauce – to taste
1 pack (4) M&S savoury cheese hot cross buns
1. Preheat oven on grill setting.
2. Mix together the Welsh rarebit ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Slice the hot cross buns in half and the cut the halves diagonally to make triangles. Toast lightly.
4. Spread the rarebit mix generously onto the buns. Transfer to a baking tray.
5. Toast under a hot grill until beautifully golden and gratinated. Remove from the oven and enjoy while hot.