200g strawberries, hulled
120g plain white flour, plus more for dusting
120g dark rye flour
3 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
100g unsalted butter, cubed
100ml plain yoghurt, plus extra for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.Cut each strawberry into three or four slices.
2. Combine the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it’s mostly fine crumbs with some pea-sized lumps of butter remaining.
3. Make a well in the middle of the ingredients and crack in the eggs and add the yoghurt. Stir until just mixed. Dust a clean work surface with flour and tip the contents of the bowl out onto it. Dust the top of the dough with more flour and roll it out into a 40x20-centimetre rectangle.
4. Lay half of the sliced strawberries down the middle third of the dough. Fold the left third of the dough over the top of the strawberries. Lay the rest of the strawberries onto the flap of dough you just folded over. Fold the right third of the dough over these strawberries, so you end up with alternating layers.
5. Cut into eight equal rectangles. Spread out on the baking paper, brush the tops with a little yoghurt and sprinkle with the extra sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until dark golden brown. Serve warm.