To me, the biggest compliment is ‘you look great’, not ‘your make-up looks great’. Luckily, I’ve sat in the chairs of the world’s greatest make-up artists and picked up tips – here are the ones I swear by
1. Be kind to your skin – I gently exfoliate twice a week and always at night so my skin can rejuvenate, make-up free. My Amazing Radiance Cream is a game changer too – it has enough pigment to even out skin without masking it.
2. Technique is everything – whether I’m applying moisturiser with my fingers or blending a smoky eye with a brush, I always use upwards and outwards strokes because they have a lifting effect.
3. Know the power of groomed brows – they frame your features and make you look more youthful, so you can get away with less make-up. Enhancing the shape and brushing them through is a must for me.
4. For a softer alternative to lipstick – I created my Lip Shines. Super pigmented but glossy, they’re wearable and easy to apply.
5. Liquid eyeliner always looks classic – I sketch the line and flick with Gel Eyeliner first, then layer Liquid Liner on top, checking for slip-ups in a magnifying mirror. Use short strokes instead of trying to do one fluid line – it’s virtually impossible unless you’re a super pro.
6. Contouring should look subtle – the curved tip on my Starstruck Contour stick hugs the hollows under cheekbones so you can’t go wrong. Blend it in, then add dimension with my Starstuck Highlighter on cheekbones, brows and down the centre of the nose.
7. Find a mascara you love – my favourite is Insta Lash Mascara, it does exactly what it says! When I apply mascara, I concentrate on getting it right into roots to give them a full, fluttery look that really opens up my eyes.