From finding your perfect mattress to easy finishing touches to your décor, here’s how to make your bedroom a sanctuary of calm where you can switch off, relax and drift away
For the ultimate night’s sleep, choose a mattress and bedding that give you the right support.
- If you’re investing in a new mattress, make sure you choose the right one. From luxurious fillings to bounce-back springs for extra comfort, use our handy guide to find your perfect match. Alternatively, give your existing mattress a new lease of life and a sumptuously soft feel with a super-comfy mattress topper.
- Pick pillows that suit the way you sleep – medium or firm options like our Bounce Back and So Soft Memory Foam styles are perfect for back sleepers, while a luxuriously soft goose down filling is ideal if you sleep on your front. If you’re a side sleeper, try topping a firm pillow with a softer one for maximum support.
- Snuggle up under a sumptuous duvet for the ultimate in comfort – our all-seasons options work all year round, whatever the temperature, while luxurious duck feather and down fillings feel supremely soft.
Sink into softness on crisp, fresh sheets – simply choose the thread count and colour for you.
- All our sheets are luxuriously soft and smooth. Try our Egyptian percale 230 or 400 thread-count ranges for a crisper, more indulgent feel, or Autograph Supima Sateen for silky softness you’ll want to sink into.
- The colour palette you choose can have a big impact on your whole room. Plain white linen gives a calm, serene feel, or add a new dimension to your decor with a block colour, from soft grey to soothing deep blue. Alternatively, a patterned bedding set is an easy way to give your sleeping space an instant new look.
From heavenly scent to plush cushions, little details can make all the difference and transform your space into a welcoming, restful retreat.
- Home fragrance is an instant and effective way to change the whole mood of your room. Try a reed diffuser for subtle, long-lasting scent – floral notes have an uplifting effect; calming lavender will help you relax.
- Add a luxurious, indulgent feel – and extra comfort and warmth – with soft cushions and cosy throws or bedcovers. Choose colours that tone in with your bed linen for a look you’ll love.
- If you’re lucky enough to have a larger bedroom, an armchair or a dressing table will lend your space another dimension and give you somewhere to unwind and pamper yourself before your perfect night’s sleep.