For the ice-cream
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole allspice seeds
6 egg yolks
2 M&S luxury hot cross buns, chopped into little chunks and toasted very well
For the eggy bread
80ml double cream
3 large eggs
100ml whole milk
60g caster sugar
4 M&S Kentish Bramley apple hot cross buns
Butter for frying
1. Bring the milk and cream to the boil with the cinnamon and all spice and infuse for 10 minutes. Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl.
2. Using a fine sieve, pour the infused liquid over the egg and sugar mix. Whisk gently to combine. Transfer back to the pan and cook very gently, stirring frequently so that the mix thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
3. Once thickened, strain and chill. Once cold, add the toasted hot cross bun pieces and pour into a plastic tray to freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. Ideally, beat every half hour to stop ice crystals forming.
4. For the eggy bread, whisk the cream, eggs, sugar and milk in a bowl.
5. Halve the hot cross buns. Melt a large spoon of butter in a large frying pan until it sizzles.
6. Soak the hot cross buns in the egg mix and fry until crispy and golden. Be careful not to have the pan too hot as the sugar and raisins in the buns may burn. Use more butter as needed to prevent this.
7. Scoop ice-cream onto your hot eggy bread and drizzle with chocolate sauce.