Spend $150 and save 20% off womenswear
The knitwear guide
The winter boots guide
How to style blazers
Free Express delivery over $150
Hassle free returns
New! Afterpay: shop now, pay later
Spend $150 and save 20% off lingerie
3 for 2 briefs
Get two bras for $38
Buy one vest and get the second half price
Discover Rosie’s new range
See all Fit & Size guides
Spend $150 and save 20% off menswear
Buy 2, save 30% on Men's Formal Shirts
How to style cargo pants
Spend $150 and save 20% off babywear
3 for 2 baby clothing
What to pack for labour and delivery
Spend $150 and save 20% off kidswear
Buy 4 save 20% on school essentials
3 for 2 kids' clothing
Roar-some T-shirts for kids
Spend $150 and save 20% off homeware
Bedding to help you sleep better
With fashion Instagram star Anna Mac
Keep warm in style with our hi-tech base layers
Our top tips for nailing this chic winter trend
Modern silhouettes meet timeless details
Masterclass: how to look cool when it’s cold
1. Did you know breasts can bounce up to 7cm in any direction if you’re not wearing the right sports bra? “Getting enough support is important because otherwise the delicate ligaments of the breast can stretch, exacerbating any natural sagging, and unfortunately the damage is irreversible,” says our lingerie buyer, Amy. At M&S there are three levels of support available: medium for low-impact exercise such as yoga or pilates, high for racket sports, and extra high for activities such as running or horse riding.
2. “If you have larger breasts, always opt for high or extra-high-impact support, as your bust will naturally move more and therefore needs extra hold,” says Julia, M&S’s technical boss.
3. “When buying a sports bra, always buy the same size as your normal bra. It may feel much firmer, but this is because it’s designed to minimise bounce,” Julia adds. However, it should still be comfortable and allow complete freedom of movement – if in doubt, mimic the activity you are planning to do in the bra when you try it on.
4. A cross-back bra is a good idea if you want extra support and hold for the bust. “These work by anchoring the straps firmly across the body and reducing the movement of the fabric,” Amy explains.
5. Sweat can deteriorate fabrics if not washed out, so pop your sports bras in the washing machine after each wear. All M&S bras are tested for durability, so they can withstand multiple washes. “As sports bras are vital to support and protect the breast tissue, it’s a good idea to replace yours every year to ensure you’re getting optimum performance from your bra,” Julia says.
6. Look for breathable fabrics to help you stay cool and comfortable when you exercise. “M&S bras feature moisture-wicking technology to draw sweat away from the body, allowing it to evaporate more quickly,” Amy explains. “We also use lightweight fabrics and meshes in certain areas that require more ventilation.”
Style meets comfort for kids of all ages
Breathe new life into your 2021 closet
It’s time to rediscover jeans