Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days. FREE named day delivery when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Do you deliver to my postcode? >
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Vilafonte Series C
- Vintage: 2009
- Aged in oak for 23 months, this wine has prominent flavours and aromas of blackberry, raspberry and mint, with a polished finish combining velvety tannins, chocolate and spice.
- About this bottle: Located in the Paarl-Simonsberg area of the Western Cape, Vilafonte is a new venture combining the talents of South African Mike Ratcliffe and famous Californian winemaker Zelma Long. Vilafonte is named after the particular, ancient soil that is found on the estate, where the focus is on classic Bordeaux varieties – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc - with the recent addition of Malbec. Highly rated by American wine critic Robert Parker and UK wine writer Andrew Jefford, the production of the 2009 vintage amounted to 23 barrels made up of a blend of 54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc and 8% Malbec.
- Grape Variety: 54% Cabernet Sauvignon 27% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec.
- Country of origin: South Africa
- Region: Paarl
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Vilafonte Unit 7C, Lower Dorp Street, Bosmans Crossing, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 5%
• Buy 2 wine cases save 5% applies to marked products only and online at marksandspencer.com only.
• Excludes, Single Bottle Gifts, Beer, Cider and Ale, Spirits, Port and Sherry, Food and Wine Gifts.
• Offer applies 00:01 16 December 2014
• Discount applied at checkout.
• Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.
Free home delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.