1. The promoter of this competition is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. By entering the competition you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the competition.
Entering the competition
4. The competition is open only to permanent UK residents aged 18 or over, who have a Twitter, Instagram, Google+ or Facebook account.
5. To enter the competition, you must either upload an image of an ‘eggsperiment’ created by you or upload image of a drawing of an ‘eggsperiment’ to the M&S Facebook page, the M&S Google+ page or to Twitter and Instagram tagged with the hashtag #Eggsperiment. To create an ‘eggsperiment’ the entrant must decorate and customise an Easter egg from the M&S Easter egg range. The products used to decorate the egg do not have to from M&S. Drawings of ‘eggsperiments’ must feature one of the Easter egg characters from the M&S Easter egg range.
6. Entry is open between 09:00 Monday 7th April 2014 and 17:00 Thursday 17th April 2014.
7. Employees or relatives of employees of Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this prize draw) are not permitted to enter.
8. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
Choosing the winners
9. An independent person will select one (1) most creative idea from all entries received which comply with entry requirements specified in clause 5. The winner will be announced publicly on M&S social channels by 23:59 on Tuesday 22nd April 2014.
10. M&S will contact the prize winning entrant via private message, Twitter or Instagram to arrange delivery of the prize within 72 hours of the competition closing. If contact details supplied are invalid, another winner will be selected. If a prize winner does not respond within 48 hours of being contacted, another winner will be selected.
11. The winner will receive a year’s supply of chocolate to share with friends and family. A year’s supply of chocolate is based on 1 chocolate product for each week of the year. This will come in the form of a delivery every month of a chocolate hampers each containing 5 chocolate products. There will be 12 deliveries of such hampers in total. We recommend the chocolate is eaten in moderation as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
12. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Google+, Twitter or Instagram. Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram have no liability in respect of this competition. Any information you provide when you enter or accept the prize draw is provided to M&S and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
13. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
14. M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the competition.
15. The “eggsperiment” must be the personal work/design of the entrant and must not be copied from any other third party work/design.
16. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
17. M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions or to have otherwise acted in an inappropriate or deceitful manner.
18. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the competition is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the competition.
19. The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Community Manager, Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
20. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the competition; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’ control that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the prize in transit to the winner.
21. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
22. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the prize draw. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.