- The promoter of this prize draw is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
- By entering the prize draw you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the prize draw.
Entering the prize draw
- This prize draw is open only to registered Sparks members who are permanent UK residents who are aged 18 or over. Employees of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this promotion) are not permitted to enter
- The prize draw starts on 22 October 2015 at 12.00am and closes on 22 October 2015 at 11.59pm.
- All registered Sparks members at that time (excluding M&S employees) will automatically be entered in the prize draw.
- The prize consists of a 3-day break for two people to go to South Africa to spend a day at Villiera Vineyard including wine tasting and a game drive in a local wildlife sanctuary. The prize includes return flights for 2 from the UK to South Africa, 3-nights’ accommodation in Cape Town and £1000 spending money. Additional third party terms and conditions may apply to the redemption of the prize.
- The prize does not include meals or additional expenses other than those described above.
- Both the winner and guest must be aged 18 or over.
- The winner must accept the prize as described in paragraph 7 above in its entirety.
- The dates of the trip shall be discussed with the winner once the winner is contacted to inform them that they have received the prize. The winner will be asked to confirm their acceptance of the prize by email and asked to provide suitable dates on which they can take the trip, subject to paragraph 13.
- If the trip is not taken or is cancelled by the winner, then no part of the prize shall be given and if already given it must be returned to M&S.
- This prize must be redeemed by the winner and the trip taken before 31 March 2016.
- The dates of travel cannot be altered once chosen and the reservation made.
- Please drink responsibly. Drinkaware.co.uk
- Return economy flights for winner and guest from the UK to South Africa up to the value of £3000. Selected UK airports and must travel before 31 March 2016. UK transfers are not included. The winner and guest must arrange and pay for their own transport to/from the selected UK airport.
- Upon arrival in Cape Town, M&S will provide airport transfers to/ from the hotel and transfers to/from the Villiera Vineyard.
- M&S will not be responsible for the winner and/or guest missing their transportation to or from their selected departure location. Any replacement travel tickets for the journey to and from their selected departure location must be purchased by the winner and guest at their own cost and such cost will not be reimbursed to them by M&S.
- The winner and guest must pay for their own travel insurance and holiday cover. The winner and guest must provide their full contact details (and identification information, if required) and confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- M&S will provide 3-nights accommodation in Cape Town up to the value of £300 per room per night.
- Hotel accommodation is based on two people sharing a twin or double or if required two separate rooms at a hotel selected by M&S.
- M&S shall not be responsible for the hotel changing the winner and guest’s room allocation or for any additional expenses incurred by the winner/guest during their stay.
- A credit card may be required by the hotel as a guarantee for hotel incidentals.
- To be eligible to receive the £1000 spending money, the winner and guest must agree to travel to Villiera Vineyard, South Africa, which is a key condition of the prize.
- £1000 will be paid to the winner two weeks in advance of the chosen date of the journey to South Africa and the winner agrees to provide M&S with bank account details to allow for a transfer of the money, if required.
- If the remainder of the prize is not taken up by the winner, the money shall be repayable immediately, to M&S.
Choosing the winner
- M&S will draw 1 winner at random within 48 hours of prize draw closing and the draw will be supervised by an independent person. The prize will be awarded to the first correctly completed entry, drawn at random.
- M&S will notify the winner by email or telephone. The notification will include details of how the prize can be accepted. If the winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize by 31st October 2015 5pm another random draw will take place from completed entries and another winner will be selected.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
- No purchase is necessary in order to enter the prize draw.
- M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
- No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
- M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions.
- If M&S at any time considers an entry is inappropriate and/or fails to comply with its social media guidelines, or that the entrant has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, it may disqualify the entry.
- Prize details are correct at date of publication. M&S reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
- M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the prize draw if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the prize draw is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or other technical issue or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the prize draw).
- Provision of this prize is subject to the winner and the winner’s guests: (a) signing a Prize Acceptance Form; and (b) accepting all terms and conditions of third parties involved in the prize (to be provided with the Prize Acceptance Form).
- The winner and guest may be required, subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post-prize draw publicity for M&S which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by M&S or other third parties for publicity purposes and the winner and guest agrees to the use of their personal data for such purposes.
- Upon acceptance of the prize the winner must provide details of their chosen guest’s identity and date of birth (must be 18 years of age or over) so that M&S can confirm the guest’s prize eligibility.
- The entrant and guest shall exclusively assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this prize draw to Marks and Spencer plc.
- The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to The M&S Sparks Team, Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road London, W2 1NW.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner and/or their guest or other entrant or person attempting to enter the prize draw that is caused by: (a) technical problems or issues of any kind which may limit or prevent any person’s participation in the prize draw; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’ control that may cause the prize draw to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of the prize.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- The promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2015 Marks and Spencer plc.