PLAN A SOFA GIVEAWAY – TWITTER – MARCH 2014
Terms & Conditions
About the prize draw
1. The promoter of this prize draw is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. By entering the prize draw you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the prize draw.
Entering the prize draw
4. The free prize draw is open only to permanent UK residents aged 18 or over, who must have a Twitter account.
5. To enter the draw, you must ‘retweet’, on Twitter, the phrase: ‘RT for a chance to win a #PlanA Abbey Sofa, our most sustainable sofa yet > http://bit.ly/PlanASofa T&Cs Apply’ This post will appear live on the M&S twitter page at 5.00pm on Saturday 1st March.
6. Entry is open between 5.00pm and 11.00pm on Saturday 1st March.
7. Employees or relatives of employees of Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this prize draw) are not permitted to enter.
8. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
Choosing the winners
9. M&S will draw one (1) winner at random from all valid ‘retweet’ entries received. The winners will be chosen on Monday 3rd March and contacted via direct message on their Twitter account. The draw will be supervised by an independent person. M&S will contact the prize winner to obtain their contact details and arrange delivery of the prize within 24 hours of the competition closing. If contact details supplied for a prize winner are invalid, another random draw will take place and another prize winner will be selected. If the prize winner does not respond within 7 days of being contacted, another random draw and another prize winner will be selected.
10. One (1) winner will win one (1) Plan A Abbey Medium Sofa, worth £1,599. The winner will be able to choose from the following colours: Duck Egg, Mushroom, Cream, Grey, Plum and Sand. Please allow 6 weeks for the delivery of the prize.
11. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. Twitter has no liability in respect of this prize draw. Any information you provide when you enter or accept the prize draw is provided to M&S and not to Twitter.
12. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
13. M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
14. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
15. M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions or to have otherwise acted in an inappropriate or deceitful manner.
16. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the prize draw if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the prize draw is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the prize draw.
17. The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to Community Manager, Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person’s participation in the prize draw; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’ control that may cause the prize draw to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the prize in transit to the winner.
19. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
20. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the prize draw. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2014 Marks and Spencer plc.