Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Ricasoli Brolio Riserva Chianti Classico
- Vintage: 2011
- A dark ruby-red Chianti with a rich bouquet of poached fruits, tobacco and toasted spice aromas. Over a rounded, full-bodied palate come layers of ripe blackcurrant, tangy cherry and dried herb flavours, which mingle and converge over the long, balanced finish.
- About this bottle: Ricasoli is reputedly the oldest winery in Italy – and thus one of the oldest in the world. Today it is certainly the largest winery in the Chianti Classico area, based at the formidable Brolio castle where Baron Bettino Ricasoli invented the Chianti ‘formula’. Surrounded by 1200 hectares of land, of which 230ha are vines, Ricasoli is a stunning estate with an unbeatable reputation. This particular Classico wine was made by Carlo Ferrini, who has worked for Ricasoli since 1993. Blending 80% Sangiovese with 15% Merlot and a little Cabernet Sauvignon, Carlo has crafted a classic Riserva style ageing the wine in French oak barriques for 16 months to soften and advance the wine.
- Grape Variety: 80% Sangiovese, 15% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Tuscany
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 11
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 72 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Barone Ricasoli Spa Agricola – Cantine Del Castello Di Brolio – 53013 Gaiole in Chianti (Siena)
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly