Delivery and returns
- Standard UK delivery
- Next day delivery to a UK address*
- Delivery to a UK address on the date of your choice*
- Free next or named day delivery on orders over £100 – enter FREEWINE at checkout
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Piane di Sale Catarratto
- Vintage: 2012
- Warm, buttery Sicilian white, with delicious aromas of flowers and lychees, and a dash of flint that skims across the palate like a stone across a pond. Expect a grapefruit tang and contrasting smoothness – a feisty white which offers a great alternative to Sauvignon Blanc.
- About this bottle: Clay-limestone soils give a wonderful minerality to this white, with extra nuances resulting from the wide temperature variations (20–35˚C) as the grapes ripen. Winemaker Carlo Ferrini has pressed these Catarratto grapes with a gentle pneumatic press and given them a cool fermentation, and afterwards a little lees stirring to increase complexity.
- Grape Variety: 100% Catarratto
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 12 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 9.0
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.5
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw Cap of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 save 5%
- Buy 2 wine cases save 5% applies to marked products only and online at marksandspencer.com only.
- Excludes, Single Bottle Gifts, Beer, Cider and Ale, Spirits, Port and Sherry, Food and Wine Gifts.
- Offer applies 00:01 11th March 2014, expires 23:59 31st March 2014.
- Discount applied at checkout.