Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 3-5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Piane de Sale Nero d'Avola
- Vintage: 2012
- Deliciously supple, juicy red full of blueberry and cherry aromas, and a dollop of blackberry and prune on the palate. Deeply attractive notes of forest and truffle are poised against hints of liquorice and wood smoke.
- About this bottle: Harvested in the cool of the morning for maximum preservation of fresh fruit flavours. Gently pressed in a pneumatic press followed by overnight cold maceration to extract all the aromatics from the grapes. Then fermentation at 18˚C in stainless steel, temperature-controlled tanks. Winemaker Carlo Ferrini has just the right formula for getting the best from the juicy, fruity Nero d'Avola grape. He has added a modest (10%) proportion of whole-bunch fermented juice, to add bright, fresh red fruit flavours to the finished wine - a tiny quantity (5%) of which is oak-matured in barrel for six months.
- Grape Variety: 100% Catarratto
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 12 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 9.0
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.5
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw Cap
- Consume Within: 6 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Da Tp 2800, Per Contono Di Normanno Srl, Marsala, Italy
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly