Delivery and returns
- Standard UK delivery
- Next day delivery to a UK address*
- Delivery to a UK address on the date of your choice*
- Free next or named day delivery on orders over £100 – enter FREEWINE at checkout
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Piane de Sale Nero d'Avola
- Vintage: 2012
- Deliciously supple, juicy red full of blueberry and cherry aromas, and a dollop of blackberry and prune on the palate. Deeply attractive notes of forest and truffle are poised against hints of liquorice and wood smoke.
- About this bottle: Harvested in the cool of the morning for maximum preservation of fresh fruit flavours. Gently pressed in a pneumatic press followed by overnight cold maceration to extract all the aromatics from the grapes. Then fermentation at 18˚C in stainless steel, temperature-controlled tanks. Winemaker Carlo Ferrini has just the right formula for getting the best from the juicy, fruity Nero d'Avola grape. He has added a modest (10%) proportion of whole-bunch fermented juice, to add bright, fresh red fruit flavours to the finished wine - a tiny quantity (5%) of which is oak-matured in barrel for six months.
- Grape Variety: 100% Catarratto
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Sicily
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 12 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 9.0
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.5
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw Cap
- Consume Within: 6 months of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 cases save 25%
- Buy 2 Save 25% on wine cases applies online at marksandspencer.com only.
- Offer applies 14th February 2014 – 9th March 2014.
- Subject to availability.
- Cases ordered online via Wine Direct are not currently available for collection in store.
- Multiple wine cases or wine products on offers must be shipped to the same address.
- Offer does not apply to delivery charges.
- Check relevant delivery terms and conditions online.
- Any refunds will take into account the discount.
- We are committed to promoting responsible drinking.
- Products containing alcohol can only be sold or delivered to those aged 18 or over. www.drinkaware.co.uk.