Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5-7 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
“This meaty crowd-pleaser is actually vegetarian. It bursts with blackcurrant. Set to be a summer staple.”
Damian Barr, Sunday Times , 9th August 2015
“Mesta Organic Old Tempranillo 2014 (£8, Marks and Spencer) is grown at high altitude. It’s an attractive, sweetly fruited red with cherries and plums”.
Eileen Leahy, Daily Express , 9th August 2015
From high-altitude vineyards, helping to retain freshness in the wine, this is a very attractive, sweetly fruited red with cherries, plums and a pleasant purity. It's a delicious tipple and represents the modern face of Spanish wine.
Jamie Goode, Sunday Express , 9th August 2015
- Product information
- Mesta Tempranillo Old Vines
- Vintage: 2016
- This dry but fruity red wine, scented with red cherries, blackcurrant and liquorice, is round and juicy and packed with ripe soft dark summer berries.
- About this bottle: Tempranillo is Spain’s most famous grape and at Bodegas Fontana on the high central plain in the recently formed D.O.Uclés region at altitudes of 700-900m it takes on a special intensity of flavour. The climate here is dry, keeping the grapes fresh and healthy. Following organic principles, enólogo Tomás Buendía worked with M&S winemaker Sue Daniels to create this ripe fruity, lightly oaked example. The Mesta was a powerful association of shepherds, controlling the routes for migrating sheep that cross the country, even today the Fiesta de la Transhumancia, is celebrated in Madrid when thousands of sheep cross the city. In Bodegas Fontana the circle of sheep represents their commitment to sustainable organic viticulture and tradition.
- Grape Variety- 100% Tempranillo
- Country of origin: Spain
- Region: Uclés
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.5
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Screw Cap
- Consume Within: 24 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Extramuros S/N, 16411 Fuente de Pedro Naharro, Cuenca, España
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Free standard delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.
Free nominated day delivery on Wine orders over £100. Conditions apply.
- Offer applies to nominated day delivery within the UK for all wine products from marksandspencer.com when you spend £100 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address. Orders containing gift cards and lunchtogo are excluded.
- Marks & Spencer offers a wide selection of wines from around the world, suitable for a range of tastes and occasions.
- Our extensive range includes everything from full-bodied red wine to crisp and refreshing white wine, plus delicious Champagne and sparkling wine.
- If you enjoy the finer things in life, take a look at our Fine Wines. These are premium styles from the world’s most prestigious wineries, from esteemed classics to iconic New World discoveries.
- For high quality wines delivered direct to your door, the M&S Wine Club offers great value, and it’s completely hassle-free. Our experts handpick the very best M&S wines. There’s no commitment or contract and you can order as many or as few cases as you wish.
- If you’re looking for the perfect gift for the wine connoisseur in your life, our fantastic selection of presentable wine gifts make the perfect gift, whatever the occasion.
- At M&S, you’ll also find a delicious selection of traditional real ales, beer and cider, plus a fantastic selection of spirits, including whisky, vodka and brandy.
- We aim to provide great tasting wine at affordable prices – make sure you don’t miss our fantastic wine offers to find some great deals.