Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- Free when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE at checkout.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
Just seven barrels of this truly fine, complex, woodsmoke, white flowers and toasted almond white burgundy were made. So if you want to drink one of the world’s greatest white wines: move fast. Gorgeous now, or cellar it until 2018 and beyond for richer, nuttier flavours.
Jane MacQuitty, The Times , 30th May 2015
- Product information
- Hospices de Beaune Saint Romain
- Vintage: 2011
- This delicious, premium, white wine displays finesse and purity with aromas of stone fruit and orange blossom, matched with a full-bodied palate showing fresh, cleansing acidity and beautifully integrated French oak. Since 1443 with the building of the Hôtel-Dieu, the Hospices has provided for the sick and needy in the ancient town of Beaune.
- About this bottle: For over six hundred years prime vineyard land has been generously donated to the Hospices and from 1859 the wine produced has been sold at their world-famous Hospices de Beaune charity auction. In 2011, at the 151st Hospices auction, Marks & Spencer became the first major UK retailer to bid and purchase barrels of wine ‘en primeur’. M&S’s Andy Howard MW tasted over sixty different cuvées before selecting this particular wine. Following purchase, the wine was painstakingly aged and tended by Lucien Le Moine, a highly respected Burgundian producer. Saint-Romain is located in the Côte de Beaune where it has a reputation for producing classically styled white Burgundy whilst remaining excellent value. Only 10 barrels of Cuvée Joseph Menault were produced in the 2011 harvest. Though ready to drink, this youthful wine will age for at least 3-5 years if stored carefully. Serve chilled and allow to breathe for an hour before serving.
- Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay
- Country of origin: France
- Region: Burgundy
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 13.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.1
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.7
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Les Caves De La Colombe, 21200 Beaune, France
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 5%
Applies online at marksandspencer.com only from 00.01 23/06/15 – 23.59 01/08/15. Includes all wine, prosecco and Champagne as well as single bottle gifts and beer, cider & ale cases. Excludes wine club and spirits. While stocks last. Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.