Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
There are increasing numbers of wines made from the mencia grape appearing on our shelves. I really like the juicier versions, but some seem a little mean. This grape comes from the northwest corner of Spain, and it's a little like a Spanish Beaujolais on the palate. With a nice bite of blackberry fruit and cool raspy tannins, Escondite is a real treat
Matthew Jukes, Daily Mail , 19th April 2014
"Intensely coloured, this is a velvety, fresh red with pure cherry and berry fruit and a savoury, spicy twist that keeps things interesting. Bierzo, in the northwest of Spain, is a region to keep an eye on."
Jamie Goode, Sunday Express , 19th April 2014
- Product information
- Escondite Perfecto Mencía Bierzo
- Vintage: 2011
- The region of Bierzo in the north-west of spain provides an ideal place to grow the indigenous Spanish variety, Mencia.
- About this bottle: Winemaker Katia Alvarez Bugarin has brought a heady mix of plum and raspberry fruit alongside floral notes and spicy oak adds complexity. Best served to accompany full-flavoured dishes such as slow-baked lamb, aubergine tagine and cardamom infused pilaf.
- Grape Variety: 100% Mencia
- Country of origin: Spain
- Region: Bierzo
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.5
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork
- Consume Within: 12 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Bodegas Martin Codax, S.A.U. Cacabelos, León, España, R.E. 8331 Le 00
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly