Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Cave de Tain, Cornas ‘Arènes Sauvages’
- Vintage: 2010
- A dark ruby Syrah with a bold bouquet of plums and blackberries with deeper spice, leather and woodsmoke notes. In the mouth it is balanced and fine, with a rich mouthfeel and lingering flavours of black cherry, dark chocolate and pepper.
- About this bottle: Located between Valence and Lyon in France’s Rhône Valley, Cave de Tain lies at the foot of the Hermitage hillside. Arènes Sauvages means ‘wild areas’, much like the area where the vines for this wine grow – in a natural amphitheatre around the village of Cornas. The name Cornas is said to come from a celtic world (‘cair’ or ‘cor’) meaning chalk, seen as a reference to the particular terroir around the village: a mix of chalk and granite-rich sandy soils. This wine was made by celebrated winemaker Xavier Frouin, who regards his beloved Syrah grape as the most pure and noble variety, as well as the most exciting. In his ten years at Cave de Tain, Xavier has overseen the development of the new winery, introduced smaller barrels for ageing instigated better vineyard plot selection to further improve the quality of the wines. The wine is put in French oak barrels to mature for 19 months.
- Grape Variety: 100% Syrah
- Country of origin: Region: Northern Rhone
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 13.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.1
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.7
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
- Bottling address: Cave de Tain, 22, route de Larnage, 26 600 Tain l’Hermitage - France
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly