Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days. FREE named day delivery when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Do you deliver to my postcode? >
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
Ahh, the Mencia grape. How we love the Mencia grape, and how it's turned a corner, now it's decidedly fashionable and so we're seeing more around. The beauty here is the strong perfume, the dense blackcurrant and cherry fruit that shines like a beacon even though it's given a generous seasoning of oak, 16 months new French oak in this case. It's a class act
The Wine Gang, thewinegang.com , 1st November 2013
- Product information
- Bierzo Descendientes J. Palacios
- Vintage: 2010
- This rich, deep, multi-layered wine has complex, elegant red fruit and violet aromas on the nose. The palate shows rich chocolate, cherry and raspberry characters along with fine-grained tannins and prominent, but beautifully balanced oak, pointing to a great future.
- About this bottle: Made by one of Spain’s most famous winemakers (Alvaro Palacios) this benchmark wine from the exciting Bierzo region is produced from old-vine Mencia grapes grown on precipitous slate soils. Palacios hails from an esteemed wine-making family in Rioja but is most famous for his early involvement in transforming the wines of Priorat. Bierzo was classified Denominación di Origen in 1989 and has a high proportion of old vines grown on extremely steep hillsides, much resembling Priorat.
- Grape Variety: 100% Mencia
- Country of origin: France
- Region: Bierzo
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork - T-bar icon of purchase
- Bottling address: Descendientes De J Palacios, Villafranca Del Bierzo, Leon, Spain
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 Save 5%
• Buy 2 wine cases save 5% applies to marked products only and online at marksandspencer.com only.
• Excludes, Single Bottle Gifts, Beer, Cider and Ale, Spirits, Port and Sherry, Food and Wine Gifts.
• Offer applies 00:01 16 December 2014
• Discount applied at checkout.
• Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts.
Free home delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.