Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days. FREE named day delivery when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Do you deliver to my postcode? >
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
Ahh, the Mencia grape. How we love the Mencia grape, and how it's turned a corner, now it's decidedly fashionable and so we're seeing more around. The beauty here is the strong perfume, the dense blackcurrant and cherry fruit that shines like a beacon even though it's given a generous seasoning of oak, 16 months new French oak in this case. It's a class act.
The Wine Gang, thewinegang.com , 1st November 2013
- Product information
- Bierzo Descendientes J. Palacios
- Vintage: 2010
- This rich, deep, multi-layered wine has complex, elegant red fruit and violet aromas on the nose. The palate shows rich chocolate, cherry and raspberry characters along with fine-grained tannins and prominent, but beautifully balanced oak, pointing to a great future.
- About this bottle: Made by one of Spain’s most famous winemakers (Alvaro Palacios) this benchmark wine from the exciting Bierzo region is produced from old-vine Mencia grapes grown on precipitous slate soils. Palacios hails from an esteemed wine-making family in Rioja but is most famous for his early involvement in transforming the wines of Priorat. Bierzo was classified Denominación di Origen in 1989 and has a high proportion of old vines grown on extremely steep hillsides, much resembling Priorat.
- Grape Variety: 100% Mencia
- Country of origin: France
- Region: Bierzo
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.9
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork - T-bar icon of purchase
- Bottling address: Descendientes De J Palacios, Villafranca Del Bierzo, Leon, Spain
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Spend £20 on Food and Wine gifts and get FREE Nominated Day Delivery
1.Buy required threshold of products. When you are finished shopping, click the "Proceed to checkout" button.
2.Send these items to a single address.
3.Select Nominated Day Delivery.
4.If a claim code is required, after selecting a payment method, enter the claim code in the area "Apply promotions", and click "Apply."
5.Enjoy free delivery on items sent to that address.
6.This offer excludes Furniture items.
- Applies to eligible items purchased.
- Items added to the Shopping Basket when free delivery is in effect, but not purchased until after the promotion ends, will not receive free delivery.
- Delivery and gift wrap charges are not included in calculating purchase amount if offer has a threshold.
- Applies to Nominated Day Delivery only.
- Applies only to orders sent to a single address.
- Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.
- If you cancel or return items purchased using this offer, and your order drops below the threshold, then you will incur a delivery charge.
- Offers are available for a limited time and may end without notice.