Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day home delivery* - order up until 5pm
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days. FREE named day delivery when you spend over £100. Just enter the code FREEWINE.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Do you deliver to my postcode? >
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
Nebbiolo, the grape variety of Barolo and Barbaresco, can be tough and unyielding when it's as young as this, but in the hands of Aldo Vajra - renowned for his lightness of touch - the tannins are tames, leaving a red lit up by roses, red berries and cherries in the most ethereal way
David Williams, Observer Food Monthly , 8th December 2013
- Product information
- Barolo Aldo Vajra
- Vintage: 2009
- The nose shows the typical perfume of classic Nebbiolo – orange-peel, violets and red fruits – combining with the earthy notes from restrained use of high-quality oak. On the palate, fine-grained tannins are interwoven with fresh acidity and dark plum and savoury characters leading to a long aftertaste.
- About this bottle: With grapes grown at a height of 400m above sea level in the village of Vergne in the commune of Barolo, this delicious Barolo typifies the pristine flavours and pronounced perfumes that Aldo Vajra is renowned for. The Nebbiolo grapes are a selection from the vineyards of Fossati, La Volta and Costa di Vergne, hand-picked and sorted before fermentation with natural yeasts. After fermentation the wine was matured in larger Slovenian oak casks for over 42 months before bottling. The 2009 vintage was warmer and earlier than normal but cooler nights in September allowed the ripening process to slow allowing the grapes to reach optimum maturity by mid-October.
- Grape Variety: 100% Nebbiolo
- Country of origin: France
- Region: Piemonte
- More information
- Bottle size: 750.000 ml
- Alcohol content: 14.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 10.8
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.8
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Natural cork
- Consume Within: 60 months of purchase
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly
Buy 2 save 25% off Wine & Champagne
Buy 2 wine cases save 25% applies to marked products only and online at marksandspencer.com only. Excludes, Single Bottle Gifts, Beer, Cider and Ale, Spirits, Port and Sherry, Food and Wine Gifts. Offer applies 00:01 4 November 2014 – 23.59 1 December 2014. Discount applied at checkout. Any monetary value vouchers will be applied before any promotional discounts. Whilst stocks last.
Free home delivery on orders over £50. Conditions apply.
• Free standard home delivery applies within the UK for clothing, home, beauty and wine from www.marksandspencer.com when you spend £50 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address.
• Offer excludes made to measure shirts, furniture and gift cards.
• The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.