Delivery and returns
- £3.99 Next day and nominated day home delivery* - order up until 7pm
- Free when you spend over £100.
- £3.50 Standard home delivery** - get your order within 5 working days.
- Free when you spend over £50. Discount applied at checkout page.
- We can’t deliver wine internationally or to our stores for collection.
- Tell me more about UK delivery >
- Delivery exclusions:
- *Next day delivery exclusions >
- **Standard home delivery exclusions >
Returns and refunds
If you’d like to speak to us about your wine please contact us.
Refunds can only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the wine you’ve ordered isn’t of satisfactory quality or as described.
- Product information
- Allegrini Corte Giara Amarone Della Valpolicella
- Vintage: 2013
- A characteristically rich Amarone offering poached cherry, potpourri and spice aromas over a supple palate with great complexity.
- About this bottle: Nestled in the foothills of the Dolomites near Verona, Valpolicella sits in a predominantly white wine-producing area. Due to the warming influence of Lake Garda however, the region’s red grapes, Corvina and Rondinella, are able to ripen well here. But the real secret of Amarone’s distinctive richness lies in the ancient art of partially drying the grapes after harvest, leaving them on straw mats to dehydrate and concentrate their sugars, thereby giving the wine extra depth and intensity. Winemaker Franco Allegrini aged the wine for 15 months in Slavonian and French oak barrels before letting it mature further in bottle, ready for drinking.
- Grape variety: Corvina Veronese 70%, Rondinella 30%
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- More information
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Alcohol content: 15 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 11.3
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.9
- Serving Size: 125 ml
- Allergens: Sulphites
- Stopper type: Cork
- Bottling address: via Giara 5/11, Fumane 37022, Verona, ITALY
Not available for international delivery.
We make every effort to deliver you the same vintage wine as the one advertised.
Sometimes we only have limited stock and may have to send you another vintage. If you’re not happy with the wine you receive please contact us.
Licensing Act 2003: It is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18
Please drink responsibly