Terms & Conditions for shwopping weekly prize draw
About the prize draw
- 1.The promoter of this prize draw is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW ("M&S”).
- 2.Marks & Spencer is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number Z6046528). We respect your right to
privacy and will only
process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- 3.By entering the prize draw you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S and to receive email notifications from M&S
in relation to the
Entering the Weekly Prize Draw
- 4.Enter in selected M&S stores only by registering a shwop via SMS or
M&S's Facebook page (by
scanning the QR code located on M&S Shwop Drops). For a valid registration, the entrant must drop at least one unwanted item of clothing into an M&S Shwop Drop.
- 5.The weekly prize draw starts on Thursday of each week at store opening time (the first week commencing Thursday 26th April, unless otherwise notified).
The weekly period
ends at store closing time every Wednesday.
- 6.The prize draw is open only to permanent residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and above.
- 7.The weekly prize draw is open to employees of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies who are permanent residents of the U.K only.
- 8.Only a maximum of x2 entries per person, per prize draw week are allowed. No entries on behalf of third parties are permitted.
- 9.The weekly prize draw starts on Thursday 26th April at store opening.
- 10.The prize consists of a £100 M&S gift card. One winner per prize draw week. Gift cards will be sent by registered post.
- 11.About other shwopping prizes go to our M&S Facebook page for more details www.facebook.com/MarksandSpencer
- 12.Participants will be entered into the prize draw the date they register a shwop, with each week running Thursday – Wednesday inclusive. Participants
are allowed to register
up a maximum of x2 shwops per prize week. Further entries will not be counted towards the prize draw. Thereafter, entrants may register new shwops and be entered
into the weekly
prize draw (with a maximum of x2 entries) when the new prize week begins *i.e. the following Thursday.
Choosing the winner[s]
- 13.M&S will draw 1 winner at random by the Monday (23:59) following the closing Wednesday and the draw will be supervised by an independent person. The
prize will be awarded to
the first correctly completed entry, drawn at random after the closing date.
- 14.M&S will notify the winner by 17:00 on the Monday following the Wednesday closing date. Entries online via Facebook: winners will be contacted via
Facebook notification & sent a form where they
can fill in their details (name & address). The notification will include details of how the prize can be accepted. If the winner does not confirm acceptance of
the prize 7
days after being notified another random draw will take place from completed entries and another winner will be selected.
Cancellations, Amendments, Returns & Refunds
- 15.Marks & Spencer reserves the right to cancel the card if, in our sole discretion, we deem such action necessary.
- 16.Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for M&S Money services, products or outstanding card balances, made to measure shirts, domestic
personalised cards or M&S Energy.
- 17.Gift Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights, for example in the event they are not of satisfactory
- 18.Gift cards may be used to purchase goods of a higher price than the amount on the gift card, on payment of the difference.
- 19.Gift cards can be used in all Marks & Spencer stores in the UK, Eire and the Channel Islands, including Outlet, railway, motorway and airport stores.
M&S Gift Cards cannot
be used as payment for M&S products in BP stores.
- 20.Gift Cards purchased in Eire and the Channel Islands can be used in UK stores. Where necessary, our systems will convert Euro card balances to
Sterling using a regularly
updated exchange rate.
- 21.Gift cards are valid for 24 months from the last transaction (transactions include balance enquiries). Any remaining balance will be cancelled on
expiry of the validity
- 22.Gift Cards can be activated with a minimum balance of £1 or 1 Euro and have a maximum limit of £500 or 700 Euros. Cards can be topped up (in stores)
to the maximum value
- 23.Marks & Spencer will not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards.